:: Re: [DNG] Custom OS initiator. In n…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Brad Campbell
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Custom OS initiator. In need of some hints...
On 13/06/16 16:19, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 08:16:44AM +0200, Edward Bartolo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is a question about implementing a minimal OS initiator. If
>> DNG's admins/mods deem this email is misplaced please delete it or
>> ignore it.
>
> If you really want to create yet another init, I can recommend this
> simple, step by step explanation of Linux' init responsibilities:
>
> https://felipec.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/init/

That was a great read and a lot simpler than getting into the busybox
source :)

I've not particularly bought into the whole systemd politics, I just
don't like it on a technical level. Having said that the two links on
the first line of that article made for horrifying reading.

If that is the position taken by the systemd author, there is no wonder
it's such a three legged goat.