:: Re: [DNG] Best way to manage wifi /…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: Paweł Cholewiński
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Best way to manage wifi / wwan
Hi,

Another two suggestions are to use simple-netaid. This consists of two
packages one for the CLI backend and another for the GUI frontend. The
packages' names are simple-netaid-backend and simple-netaid-gui
respectively. Together with these there is another GUI frontend coded
entirely in C, simple-netaid-lightweight, but far less elaborate
compared to simple-netaid-gui.

My experience with wicd is a frustrating experience: wicd repeated
dropped the internet connection for no apparent reason every about 2
or 3 minutes! This made it unuseable for me. This same problem was
experience by other wicd users.

Simple-netaid-* use /etc/network/interfaces and smaller files similar
to the latter to manage network connections.

Edward