:: Re: [DNG] ..another new(?) step tow…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Didier Kryn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] ..another new(?) step towards Debian systemd: linux-image-4.6.0-1[-rt]-amd-signed, with MSTF keys...
Le 12/06/2016 09:14, Jaromil a écrit :
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2016, Adam Borowski wrote:
>
>> Until systemd gets some DRM components, that is.
> I suspect this is going to happen sooner than later. This is just
> speculation of course, but the sort of vertically integrated
> architecture systemd is implementing goes in the direction of playing
> the DRM dirty game. Anyway I have no doubts it will be cracked open by
> some clever hacker for a good show at CCC.

     EFI is one of the inventions of M$ to keep free software out. But
since this is illegal, they are forced to sign the Linux bootloaders to
allow them to start, hence, AFAIU the concept of a shim. Now signatures
are going everywhere to make M$ happy, even down to the kernel, and all
this becomes entangled in a way that's more and more difficult to handle
and even understand for the bare human. That way only the big distros
will be able to provide a bootable OS and the poor DIY guy will be
definitely disgusted. This EFI thingy will in no way improve the
security. It is a pure fallacy.

     We can survive as long as the BIOS allows non-EFI boot. I hope they
will be forced by law to keep this option.

     Didier