:: Re: [DNG] ..another new(?) step tow…
Góra strony
Autor: Edward Bartolo
Dla: Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] ..another new(?) step towards Debian systemd: linux-image-4.6.0-1[-rt]-amd-signed, with MSTF keys...
Hi,

In line with: <<
That way only the big distros will be able to provide a bootable OS
and the poor DIY guy will be definitely disgusted. This EFI thingy
will in no way improve the security. It is a pure fallacy.

    We can survive as long as the BIOS allows non-EFI boot. I hope
they will be forced by law to keep this option.

I have been 'told' that any kernel can still be booted under UEFI
Secure Boot. This was told to me on forurms.debian.net. The respondent
insisted any kernel can be booted even custom compiled ones.

Refer to forums.debian.net thread:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=609579&sid=c65ab3dc5f980e0c1f79b7b7a5116511#p609579

Edward