:: [DNG] Palemoon profiles (was: packa…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jaromil
To: dng
Alte Treads: Re: [DNG] package request
Betreff: [DNG] Palemoon profiles (was: package request)

Since people here like Palemoon, I'll share a little handy hack

Since I started using Palemoon (which was recommended to me by Parazyd
months ago) I missed very much the support of profiles. I need them to
start *quick* a new browser with one of the profiles I create,
isolating cookies and saved passwords (and what not) between them. I
need them badly for my workflow and chromium has changed the way to
switch so one now requires many more clicks following the usual ctrl-m
in older version. Plus chromium sucks (look at the rainfall of CVEs..)

So here it is a *small* script using simple functions in Palemoon to
start different profiles by their abbreviation (using dmenu or
so). This script in my system is called just '~/bin/p' (chmod +x of
course) so 'p profile' will open the profile manager. the `-no-remote`
flag is the trick to open several instances in parallel.

```

#!/usr/bin/env zsh

palemoon=/opt/palemoon/palemoon
profile="$1"
opts=""

ps ax | grep '[p]alemoon' > /dev/null
[[ $? = 0 ]] && {
    # one is already running, run next with -no-remote
    opts+=" -no-remote "
}
case $profile in

    generic)      $palemoon ${=opts} -P Default ;;
    social)     $palemoon ${=opts} -P Social ;;
    devuan)   $palemoon ${=opts} -P Devuan ;;
    dyne)     $palemoon ${=opts} -P DyneOrg ;;

    profile*) $palemoon -ProfileManager ;;
    *) $palemoon $* ;;
esac

```

happy hacking :^)

p.s. after quickwriting this I do realize it would better fit on
https://talk.devuan.org - the forum is taking off very well btw!

--
~.,_   Denis Roio aka Jaromil    http://Dyne.org think &do tank
    "+.   CTO and co-founder      free/open source developers