:: Re: [DNG] package request
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Irrwahn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] package request
On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 10:08:04 +0200, Emninger wrote:

> I wanted to add a question: If devuan wants to stay small and compact,
> which as a principle is fine IMHO,

AIUI, Devuan strives to be versatile, not necessarily compact.
That would be a characteristic of some (in want of a better
word) Devuan "flavor" provided by a downstream project. I'm
not sure this is the formal reading, and if I got it right at
all.

> how then, could you provide the
> elements needed for the installation of a desktop environment by
> tasksel in the installer?

By providing appropriate packages and issuing a request to have
them included in the repositories (and the installer, in case of
the tasksel package itself).

> Could there be something like comunity driven repositories (as i
> understand it launchpad is something thatlike for ubuntu (?) ) whereto
> a certain task in the installer - eventually - could refer?

Not sure, but I don't think mechanisms like that are easy to
implement, nor do I think it'd be wise to do so. After all,
the Devuan project would have no control over the contents
of such "use at own risk" packages.

NB, all of the above reflects just my personal views, none
of it is backed by any "official" statements I am aware of.

Regards
Urban