:: Re: [DNG] package request
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] package request
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, Irrwahn wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:31:12 +0000 (UTC), Go Linux wrote:
> > I wouldn't mind seeing palemoon in the devuan repos because
> > I suspect that eventually FF will become unusable (for me at
> > least).
>
> I switched to Palemoon a few weeks ago. After 10+ years FF
> had de facto become unusable for me, after I lost the last
> battle against the brain dead design decisions made by its
> developers. What a relief being again able to access the web
> using a browser that simply works just like FF should work
> (and did, in the past)! No more (noticeable) memory leakage
> in the program itself, no more mind-boggling massive Xorg
> resource leakage, quick to start up, responsive to user
> actions. A browser as it should be — i.e. not getting in the
> way of the user.

there is a general tendency for certain end-user software to become
very ambitious and also build a lot of marketing, leading most often
to lesser quality of the software itself because of bloat.

to our great horror, there is one more thing Parazyd has found out in
Firefox: it connects to their servers *every time a new tab is
opened*, no matter if empty! I mean, it does all sorts of connections
to homebase to gather info of all kinds (that obviously doesn't serves
to make good choices for the betterment of the software...) down to
the bare minimum action of opening a tab, that also is communicated to
Firefox cloud servers.

I think this is ridicolous. There was a time in which we called this
behaviour spyware and for reasons.

Here a demonstration (webm video) http://b.1339.cf/iliksmj.webm

the visualization behind is made with our router/hub http://Dowse.eu
(also based on Devuan eheheheh)

after we discovered and warned publicly on twitter about this
behaviour, people from Firefox replied us with this link
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections
so maybe there are non-default options to make it better. but.... meh.

ciao