著者: KatolaZ
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 09:39:49AM -0400, Greg Olsen wrote:
> On 2016-06-10 08:59, Simon Walter wrote:
>    [snip]
> > > I will give the templates a go now.

> >I had some issues:
> >perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> >perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
> >        LANGUAGE = "en_US:en",
> >        LC_ALL = (unset),
> >        LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
> >    are supported and installed on your system.
> >perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

> >Over ten times repeated, but more importantly:
>
> Simon, thanks for testing.
>
> I think the locale just isn't setup yet at that early point.
> Perhaps a Perl expert can opine?

I have had those messages on a server for the best part of the last 9
years, just to checl whether those stupid warning actually meant to be
serious. It's just perl which complains because you have not set the
locale properly. IMHO, you can ignore it altogether, without any
serious consequence. The user of the container will fix it *if* and
*when* he needs to fiddle with locales.

Naturally, if you want the whole thing to "look slick", you can just
set the locale to "en_US" and shut the damn perl up...

My2Cents

KatolaZ