:: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
Góra strony
Autor: Greg Olsen
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
On 2016-06-10 08:35, Simon Walter wrote:

    [snip]

> Greg, on the page there is:
> $ git clone git@???:gregolsen/lxc-devuan.git
>
> For read access maybe it would work better if it was:
> $ git clone http://git.devuan.org/gregolsen/lxc-devuan.git

Simon, thanks for pointing out I used the git URL.

Please clone via https:

|$ git clone https://git.devuan.org/gregolsen/lxc-devuan.git|

I should have put the https URL out there to begin with. When I get a
chance I'll fix it.

> I will give the templates a go now.

Great, please let me know if you have issues or suggestions.

> Do you have plans to include that into an upstream release? Do you know
> if those are maintained by a Debian maintainer or by the LXC project
> itself? I am guess that those are distro specific. So would that mean
> that the Debian maintainer might not be interested in the Devuan
> templates? Of course Debian users may very well want a Devaun
> containers. If so, then it would be nice if there was an LXC package for
> Devuan so we don't need to clone a git repo to have those templates.

Yes, once I have the time to prepare a suitable branch, I'll submit a
pull request for its inclusion upstream into Linux Containers project
"lxc". This may take some time as it must also conform to their project
guidelines. Whatever those are, I'll have to figure it out.

Once accepted, it should eventually make it into the LXC package for
each distro that has one, including Debian.

In the meantime, I hope people will try it out and provide feedback or
submit an issue if they're so inclined. I'd hate to miss something
stupid right out of the gate!

Greg