:: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
Top Pagina
Auteur: Simon Walter
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] LXC template for Devuan
On 06/10/2016 05:11 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 12:41:36PM +0900, Simon Walter wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am wondering if it is a good idea to submit a modified version of the
>> debian template to the upstream LXC project.
>>
>> I am not sure who wrote those scripts. It seems like that is part of LXC
>> source. So I am guessing it has nothing to do with the Debian LXC package
>> maintainer.
>
> Hi Simon,
>
> I think you might want to liaise with Greg Olsen on Devuan support for
> LXC. You probably know that there is already some material on the
> gitlab:
>
>    https://git.devuan.org/gregolsen/lxc-devuan

Nice. Thank you for pointing that out. I see Greg has already done most
of this.

Greg, on the page there is:
$ git clone git@???:gregolsen/lxc-devuan.git

For read access maybe it would work better if it was:
$ git clone http://git.devuan.org/gregolsen/lxc-devuan.git

I couldn't clone it using the git protocol (if that is what is called).

I will give the templates a go now.

Do you have plans to include that into an upstream release? Do you know
if those are maintained by a Debian maintainer or by the LXC project
itself? I am guess that those are distro specific. So would that mean
that the Debian maintainer might not be interested in the Devuan
templates? Of course Debian users may very well want a Devaun
containers. If so, then it would be nice if there was an LXC package for
Devuan so we don't need to clone a git repo to have those templates.

Simon