:: Re: [DNG] ifconfig vs ip
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Simon Walter
À: dng
Nouveaux-sujets: [DNG] /etc/network/interfaces bridges (was: ifconfig vs ip)
Sujet: Re: [DNG] ifconfig vs ip
Hi everyone,

After some testing, I have a question about an option in
/etc/default/shorewall:
wait_interface
If I add the bridge interface to that line, shorewall will not start
unless a container is brought up. I suppose that is why I was thinking
of bridging the bridge inerface with a tap interface so that it's always
available.

It seems that bridges do not start with ifup (-a) unless one of their
bridged interfaces are up.

Or I could do as Mr. Hobson does and run shorewall in a container. Would
that actually be a more insulated "secure" approach?

Thanks and kind regards,

Simon