:: Re: [DNG] resolved
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: dev
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] resolved

>> On Wed, 08 Jun 2016, Edward Bartolo wrote:
>> fortunately they have a link to offer to non-subscribers, I'm not sure
>> it will expire, however see here
>> https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/690151/721a817ed6377ec3/

FTFA:
"Lennart Poettering sees process persistence as a security issue."

But then, so is/are:
* plugging in an ethernet cable.
* allowing users to login
* add a user account
* a running process
* elevated privileges
* buffer overflows
.... this list goes on and on.

"because security" is just a broad brush for painting thick layer of
B.S. A software exploit for a logged in user is just as dangerous as a
running process after logout and I fail to see the point of what seems
like another knee-slap decision by the systemd cabal.

Systemd isn't going to stop until it resemebles nothing like a classic
*nix system. Perhaps that's the point.