:: [DNG] Killing background processes …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumptes vells: Re: [DNG] resolved
Assumpte: [DNG] Killing background processes on logout [was Re: resolved]
Le 08/06/2016 09:32, Jaromil a écrit :
> the tempest is raging out there. today there is a fine piece by Corbet
> resuming the state of affairs on LWN, which I got as a subscriber (and
> I do recommend subscribing to LWN, is the best source of news out
> there)
>
> fortunately they have a link to offer to non-subscribers, I'm not sure
> it will expire, however see here
> https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/690151/721a817ed6377ec3/

     I sometimes have to logout and login again to be able to kill wild
threads of Icedove which survive in a blocked state after the windows
have been closed. The idea to be able to kill all processes started in a
session is not a bad idea. Corbet explains this very well and also says
the idea has been around for many years.

     The decision to impose this on everybody has been taken by the
Systemd team, and their fans now protest. I think they complain because
systemd was hidden and it is becoming more and more visible and
allmighty and it is obvious that whatever they do, they do it by its
permission.

     Otherwise, I like the idea to have a better control of what
survives a session.

     Didier