:: Re: [DNG] resolved
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
À: Peter Olson
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] resolved
Hi,

Reading this mail thread gives the message that eventually software
freedom will win even in the case of init freedom. However, searching
online for various topics often results in howtos that assume one is
running systemd. I may be worrying a bit too much, but having howtos
assuming systemd is installed will eventually encourage more users to
use systemd especially if they are beginners.

Assuming software freedom will settle itself automatically in the case
of init freedom is like assuming "an invisible hand" can control
prices from rising. Everyone knows what drives private investment is
financial gain that prices usually go up instead of going down except
for poor products that are almost useless to buy.

Something must be done to either upgrade the license of to set up an
organisation like freedesktop.org that works for software freedom as
we Devuanites understand it.

In short, I am afraid making assumptions the tempest will settle down,
is a mistake.

Edward