:: Re: [DNG] resolved
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Simon Hobson
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] resolved
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> Despite being originally intended as a "guerrilla weapon" (and RMS and
> the others were very careful at designing it), copyleft is indeed the
> only way to keep free software free, forever.

Indeed.
I've heard a few descriptions of RMS - most of them uncomplimentary. Having met him, I can see why many people dislike him - he does come across very much as the stereotypical geek with no social skills (mind you, me writing that does involve a certain amount of "pot, kettle, black" - fill in the rest !)
I can understand his POV, though I'm very much in the pragmatism camp and use a mix of free and closed software. But, I respect his position - and I respect the fact that without people like him, we would not have the freedoms we have now. That's important to remember.