著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] resolved
On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 15:54:31 +0900
Simon Walter <simon@???> wrote:

> On 06/07/2016 03:47 PM, Jaromil wrote:
> > sorry for abstracting the topic, but I definitely see a pattern in
> > many contexts. I could bring forward more arguments on why this
> > happens in the technology industry at a time in which material
> > production techniques reached an innovation peak after 2 decades of
> > incredible acceleration.
>
> I am interested in your (and everyone's) musings on the subject.

Me too.

> In
> my circle, it is heresy. I suppose I am seeped in the corporate
> culture and find open discussions invigorating.

I'm all for corporations making money. I get paid, why shouldn't they?

But what if I owned a bicycle shop, and furnished bicycle thieves
with bolt cutters and five bucks for every bike they boosted, so that
the recently ripped off would buy a new bike from my shop? That's
basically what Redhat's doing: Destroying Linux to make their training
and consulting more valuable.

I'm all for people making an honest buck. Nothing honest about Redhat.
Which brings us back to what Jaromil said: There's a lot of for-profit
destruction going on these days.

> I do think (was it Mr. Litt that said of) Redhat has a part to play.
> How much of that the you es ay spy agencies were involved is
> speculation. I'd love it if some info was leaked. It would cause
> everyone to be much more critical, think twice, and review code more.

Would the motivation for the spy agencies be easier insertion of
backdoors and exploitable bugs?

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb