著者: Joel Roth
To: dng
題目: [DNG] ntfs-3g
Like many other users, I've chosen to purchase and use,
NTFS formatted external USB drives.

Keeping NTFS lets me easily connect them to other,
non-linux systems. And NTFS is robust enough
for my purposes.

To have write access under linux, the common
solution is using the ntfs-3g driver.

The 2014 version of this FUSE based driver (supplied with
Devuan jessie) has reported bugs. In my case, I notice that
after the drive is mounted for a while, the mount is lost
with input/output errors.

I read that the 2016 version appears to better.

I went through manual dependency resolution
installing the packages needed to go back to the
2012 version. But I haven't tested it yet.

Forward is probably better, toward packages
in sid. Can there be any help in the Devuan
infrastructure for this issue?

Thanks.

Joel

--