:: Re: [DNG] Init compatibility
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Init compatibility
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 00:06:11 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 05, 2016 at 07:01:39PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Ahh, but you're forgetting that sysvinit thang I wish never
> > happened: runlevels. And of course that 5 function thing with
> > start, stop, restart, and the other two, whatever they are.
> >
> > But yeah, Edward, your requires, requires_running, start_parameters
> > and stop_parameters are a good start. And you also need provides so
> > that the process is given a name which others can be dependent upon.
> >

> ....and you ended up with LSB-compatible init scripts :)

Yeah.

I would shed no tears if we forever got rid of "runlevels". There are
enough other ways to accomplish similar things. And if we really need
restart to be anything but stop;start, we can write a shellscript.

But provides and requires (to be running before starting this process)
are an excellent and maleable way to specify *a route to* start order.
I mean, I could almost do it in Python right now.

I'm just not sure that would do anyone any good at this stage.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb