:: [DNG] I'm on the list
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: [DNG] I'm on the list
Hi all,

I'd like to ask you a favor. When replying to my post on the list,
please just send your reply to the list, no copy direct to me
necessary or desired. I'm on the list.

When people reply to me on the list only, their reply goes right in my
dng mailbox, in its thread. A copy to me personally is just redundant
email, and when people email me and copy the list (say whaaaat?),
sometimes the reply gets in the right mailbox, and sometimes it goes to
my inbox, in which I'm VERY quick with the delete key and might never
read what you say.

Occasionally someone sends a reply directly to me without a reply to the
list. This, of course, is the right way to do it when the intent is to
advise me of netiquette or further pursue some business private
between the two of us. But other than that, I'd prefer the reply go to
the list, because I certainly don't have time to teach people one at a
time, and when I'm the one being taught, you don't have the time to
teach one person at a time. Add that to the fact that the whole purpose
of a mailing list is to provide a mind-meld where the whole is greater
than the sum, and it makes no sense to reply to me directly with
anything other than personal business.

The reason I bring this up at this time is that in spite of continually
refining my .procmailrc, I need to do more and more moving emails
between directories, and more and more remembering to include the
mailing list as a recipient.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb