Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Init compatibility
On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 16:41:22 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> OK but can we avoid polarization and use "markup (language
> definition)" instead of XML here? I share and understand well
> everyone's concerns about XML here and think it won't help mutual
> understanding of what you point out if we keep the unfortunate example
> Florian did. True that his suggestion is interesting.
>
> FTR I think YAML is a very interesting tree structured markup language
> very easy to read for humans and parse for machines.

YAML is good. Python has an excellent YAML parser. YAML would be an
excellent choice for Florian's idea.

YAML has no end tags, which means it gets cumbersome when data becomes
longer than an easily viewed line. So it's possible that instead of
*containing* scripts, the YAML would *point to* scripts.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb