:: [DNG] adblocking using /etc/hosts
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: emninger
To: dng
Betreff: [DNG] adblocking using /etc/hosts
I don't know, if it is the right place here to ask such trivial
questions, if not please tell me, no problem at all.

I wanted to suggest, for the future, may be for a better user
experience, if it is possible and reasonable to create a small script,
which would configure /etc/hosts in a way that ad servers and that like
were redirected to 0.0.0.0 ? May be this could be done in a way that the
user will be prompted, if (s)he would like to install ad-blocking
systemwide and also there should be an option to uninstall the created
list from /etc/hosts .

In my thinking that is a very elegant and easy way to keep the browsers
itself small and efficient. But very likely, i'm missing some cons ...
(?)