著者: Didier Kryn
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
Le 04/06/2016 08:16, KatolaZ a écrit :
> The problem is not in the way we should tell the kernel which is the
> process that will run as PID 1, but in managing the configuration
> scripts used by different init systems in a comprehensive,
> sustainable, and maintainable way, and in letting them possibly
> coexist in the same system.
>
> My2Cents
>
> KatolaZ

     I agree that the question you say is the most discussed in the
thread, but the question I answered here was more technical, and from
the point of view of experimentation, and I replied to the later.

     But it makes sense also for the point of view of managing the
configuration. I insist that several init systems could coexist on the
same host and for the same OS, in an even more versatile way than what
is done currently for the DE.

     For the DE, you can choose the one in function, eg xfce4, but, even
as root and from the console, you cannot start another one for one shot.
Only the "default" one can be run, at least using the standard startup
command.

     For the init system, since the kernel accepts the argument
'init=foo', you can, in principle, configure grub to offer a choice. You
merely need to configure which one is the default and this comes
naturally along with grub's default.

     Didier