:: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Peter Olson
To: KatolaZ, Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
> On June 4, 2016 at 2:16 AM KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 08:00:43AM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
>
> [cut]
>
> The problem is not in the way we should tell the kernel which is the
> process that will run as PID 1, but in managing the configuration
> scripts used by different init systems in a comprehensive,
> sustainable, and maintainable way, and in letting them possibly
> coexist in the same system.

It's a difficult issue, but maybe solvable by parsing common idioms of each init system into a description of the init process.

Some of this may be automatic, but Turing says it cannot be done entirely by machine. It would be nice to make a lot of parsing automatic and only require human intervention for the difficult cases.

I don't have a specific idea of how to do this.

The resulting idea is to transform the parsed description into files for each of the kinds of init.

Difficult issues could be submitted as feature requests upstream.

Peter Olson