:: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: KatolaZ
To: Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 08:00:43AM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:

[cut]

>     Yes, it is possible. I can see two methods to choose the init
> system on the fly:

>     Through the kernel's command-line 'init=foo' (might be
> implemented in grub config)

>     By making init a simple script offering interactively the choice
> of a true init to the user, with timeout and default, on the
> console, and then execing the selected init.

The problem is not in the way we should tell the kernel which is the
process that will run as PID 1, but in managing the configuration
scripts used by different init systems in a comprehensive,
sustainable, and maintainable way, and in letting them possibly
coexist in the same system.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]