:: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: KatolaZ
To: Nate Bargmann
CC: dng
Neue Treads: Re: [DNG] Init compatibility (was: SoylentNews discussion)
Betreff: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 03:30:49PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> I suppose I'm add, but I rather like the run levels and symlinks.
> Debian hasn't historically done much with the run levels, leaving that

[cut]

You see, in less then 10 emails there are 10 different opinions about
which TheBest init system to adopt in a future Devuan :)

The only way to avoid useless flames on the topic, which will surely
cause friction, and discomfort, and pain, and resentment, is to jump
over the problem at once and work all together to allow averyone to
use the init of his/her choice with Devuan.

This will surely entail a massive amount of extra work, but will set
Devuan neatly apart from all the other distributions, and allow it to
considerably widen its potential user base. Maybe Devuan will really
be albe to show what "Universal operating system" should mean
nowadays... ;)

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]