:: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jaromil
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
dear Steve,

On Thu, 02 Jun 2016, Steve Litt wrote:

> My opinion is quite the opposite. OpenRC is, in my opinion, pretty
> similar to sysvinit. Both use "init scripts" that can grow huge and
> unfathomable.

OK, you make some quite reasonable points and I'm half convinced now,
by the rationale of changing things for better if we really change
them. I'm curious to hear Roger Leigh's opinion on this and also that
of other Devuan developers.

however this is all abstract speculation now. I'm not even sure we'll
make such a big change in testing. most people and organizations
switching to Devuan today (me included) are in need of a system that
does not change their workflow arbitrarily.

ciao