:: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
Página Inicial
Autor: Jaromil
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] SoylentNews discussion
On Thu, 02 Jun 2016, Godefridus Daalmans wrote:

> I just noticed that SubSentient has started a discussion on
> SoylentNews about init systems:
>
> https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=16/06/01/0347232
>
> Ask SN: Help Write it — What do you Want in an Init System?

to me this looks a very honest approach to the community at large. a
lesson to learn for the.... "young innovators", it deserves a plause
at least for its methodology, the frank tones in admitting
shortcomings of his own implementation and reaching out for
suggestions.

however I'd really recommend to sit down a bit and watch OpenRC as it
seems to me the best candidate to follow up sysvinit. One thing I
cannot find mentioned in the soy thread is that the init system should
be 100% compatible with existing sysvinit scripts and OpenRC seems to
achieve that with well written and well documented code, but I'm still
not done reading it all.

ciao