:: Re: [DNG] What's the correct place …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: aitor_czr
A: Go Linux, hellekin, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] What's the correct place for backgrounds, wallpapers etc.

On 01/06/16 17:58, Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:
>> You may also install desktop themes in your user's $HOME: ~/.themes/foo
>> >
> ==
> hk

> True but then root apps like synaptic and gparted won't be themed properly. To work across the board themes should go into /usr/share/themes.;)
>
> golinux

The folder /usr/shre/themes only contains the gtk themes, but not the
configuration files. There is no conky configuration, there is no
openbox-menu configuration...

During the installation of the system, the configuration files of the
skeleton are not applied to root. So, iIn order to have an homogeneous
appearance some files of /etc/skel must be added to /root, because the
applications your are mentioning, as you say, require root permissions.

But, if you add your configuration files to /etc/skel, take care with
your personal data. In Gtk, in the most of the cases copying the .config
folder and some files like .bashrc .profilerc .gtkrc-2.0 .xscreensaver
is enough. I usually also add a Trolltech.conf file to .config for the
qt applications.

Cheers,

Aitor.