:: Re: [DNG] Is kernel 4.5.0 flakey ?
Top Pagina
Auteur: Haines Brown
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Is kernel 4.5.0 flakey ?
On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 12:22:14PM +0200, Florian Zieboll wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2016 16:14:58 -0400
> Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:
>
> > How (simply) do you tell GRUB to boot an earlier available kernel?
>

> If you want to leave the problematic kernel installed, you can make
> grub2 default to another boot entry by adding/editing the line
>
> GRUB_DEFAULT=0
>
> to /etc/default/grub and then running "update-grub".

Thanks, Florian. I guess UEFI will become unavoidable and so I'll have
to stick with GRUB. I'll pursue Grub customization. Meanwhile I'll block
the new kernel as you suggest with GRUB_DEFAULT=1.

With the new installation I did quite a few updates and safe-upgrades,
but none brought in the 4.5.0 kernel as far as I know. It was only
because for some reason I searched the archive for linux-image that I
discovered it and installed it. Does not its presence in the Devuan beta
Jessie repository mean that the 4.5.0 kernel is considered stable?

Haines