:: Re: [DNG] Debian 8 Jessie can be in…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jaromil
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Debian 8 Jessie can be installed without systemd.

dear Edward,

On Tue, 31 May 2016, Edward Bartolo wrote:

> I have just been informed Debian 8 (Jessie) can be installed without
> systemd by using the command: preseed/late_command="in-target
> apt-get install -y sysvinit-core"

interesting that this is still the default and hypocritical answer
from Debian. IMHO it is rather irresponsible of them to give that
answer to users. They should point to Devuan instead.

Anyway, please keep in mind that Debian gives no warranty on the
maintenance of sysvinit scripts, while several sysvinit related
packages are unmaintained.

If you still trust Debian's leadership to act in your interest after
the GR vote, I recommend you try it and use it for a while, then be so
kind to let us know how it goes.

ciao