Skribent: Hendrik Boom
Til: dng
Gamle-emner: Re: [DNG] Request for Removal of slim package from Devuan
Emne: [DNG] lilo
On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 08:37:08PM +0100, dev1fanboy wrote:

> Also worth pointing out that lilo is without an upstream maintainer
> as of recently.

I'm happily using lilo to boot my server.

>From a floppy, yet.

The nice thing about a floppy disk drive is that it has as many boot
records as you have floppy disks.

If the boot record is damaged, you
just pull one of your five backups off the shelf and use *that* to boot.

And if you have more than one OS (I do -- different versions of Linux
-- if the lilo stuff on disk gets damaged, I boot the other os (which
has its own lilo stuff) using *its* ilo floppy.

-- hendrik