:: Re: [DNG] apt-get upgrade does noth…
Góra strony
Autor: Steve Litt
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] apt-get upgrade does nothing
On Sun, 29 May 2016 20:02:23 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 02:48:35PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My Devuan VM mysteriously stopped booting while I didn't use it for
> > 2 weeks. So I simply reinstalled from the same CD image as last
> > time.
> >
> > Obviously, when you fresh install off a CD image, the first thing
> > you do is apt-get update;apt-get upgrade. The update did what was
> > expected, but the upgrade produced 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0
> > not upgraded.
> >
> > I would assume that when I install off a 1 month old CD image, a
> > lot of packages would be old and in need of upgrade. Does anyone
> > have any suggestions?
> >

> Why should you have to upgrade packages in stable? Unless there is
> anything urgent in jessie-updates or anything relevant in
> jessie-security, stable should stay, well, pretty "stable"...

Thanks KatolaZ,

If I read your response correctly, the beta is behaving as expected and
designed. I hope that's true.

Back in the days when I used Ubuntu and Debian Stable, I seem to
remember having to upgrade every few days and having several security
upgrades happen.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21