著者: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Request for Removal of slim package from Devuan
On Sun, 29 May 2016 17:09:23 +0200, Irrwahn wrote in message
<3d8aba45-52b3-8c33-0e0c-ef47920a53a6@???>:

> On Sun, 29 May 2016 16:46:22 +0200, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> > I contest the idea that software has to be continuously developed.
> > Eventually, proper development stop like what happens with a
> > building. Then, maintenance follows. This means as long as software
> > has bug fixes (maintenance), there would be no justified reason not
> > to use it.
>
> Correct. And in the SLiM case there has not been any noteworthy
> maintenance for ~3 years, lest any bug fixes. It is in the process
> of deterioration — just like an unmaintained building, to stay in
> the picture.

..in my user case, SLiM does _not_ support locking the screen:
I can push the button and have the screen go black, problem is
it _stay_ black, like it kills the graphics, keyboard and touch
pad drivers.
Ssh-ing in works, but the easiest fix is yank the power, do a
fsck boot and then boot to the console and switch to kdm or
wdm etc.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: