:: [DNG] [OT] Re: You might have seen…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: Edward Bartolo
CC: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] [OT] Re: You might have seen this already...
On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 08:20:01AM +0200, Edward Bartolo wrote:

[cut]

> Follow the money to understand why all this is happening. More users
> mean more customers, more customers mean more support, and finally
> more support means more gain.
>
> I firmly belief that those who are implementing these changes
> understand the shortcomings of their new solutions, but they are paid
> to implement them, and pay is much more important than all
> philosophical and technical reasons put together. After all, it is
> money that counts.

You know what baffles me? It is that all this fuss has been made in
the name of making "Linux Desktop" a better experience, while the
major use of Linux is on servers, backend infrastructure, and high
performance computing, where users give no more than a shit to how
beautiful their Linux desktop looks like, since most of the time they
don't have one.

Linux desktops amount to no more than 1% of the total desktop
users. Even if some "magic" can increase this percentage by an
incredible 300%, it will still be 4% of the market. So it's obvious
that "desktop users" cannot be the real reason behind systemd and the
quest to eaten up all the low-level userspace. The server market is
the reason. And it's there that you need "One Ring to Rule Them
All"...

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]