著者: BohwaZ
To: Edward Bartolo, dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Request for Removal of slim package from Devuan
On Thu, 26 May 2016 08:56:03 +0200 / Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???>
said :

> Hi,
>
> I am a user of SLIM. What is wrong with it? I read that it is not
> being actively developed. Does it mean a project has to be
> continuously developed to be used? Aren't bug reports and bug fixes
> NOT enough?

I also use Slim, and it works well. But if something better exists (and
as light), why not, but for me I don't see why we should remove a
software just because it doesn't have a new version every two weeks, as
long as it works…

I don't really care either about preserving the last chosen session,
and a better idea would be to propose a patch instead of requesting the
software removal.

Cheers.

-- bohwaz