:: Re: [DNG] You might have seen this …
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Steve Litt
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] You might have seen this already...
On Sat, 28 May 2016 09:57:18 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> And here you find an educated explanation, directly from "The Mind"
> who is driving the revolution of this centrury:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/XW7V5A3RAWYCACU2ZMPA27ARRLIZUI37/

I see poettering's point, but it's just not a problem for me. I don't
use a desktop environment that, without my permission or knowledge,
starts tens of processes in my behalf. For the most part, when a
process is started in my behalf, I personally started it from a command
prompt, Dmenu or UMENU. So I can choose whether or not to close it
before logging out.

Every bit of this was predictable from the moment we learned about
systemd's architecture. Gratuitous component intercommunication leads to
ever worsening problems. A system with gratuitous component
intercommunication is so complex that it's difficult to predict exactly
what those problems will be, but it's a certainty those problems will
occur.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21