:: Re: [DNG] You might have seen this …
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Rainer Weikusat
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] You might have seen this already...
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> writes:

[...]

> And here you find an educated explanation, directly from "The Mind"
> who is driving the revolution of this centrury:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/XW7V5A3RAWYCACU2ZMPA27ARRLIZUI37/

That's an interesting explanation, especially considering that it's
wrong: UNIX(*) has always (as far as I know) had a mechanism for
terminating left-over user processes after a logout, namely, SIGHUP
(named after a "hang up" event on a phone line) and programs have to be
intenionally written (or started) such that they're not terminated by
that. This means the leading sentence would be more appropriately worded
as "In my opinion, it's actually quite strange that UNIX(*) enables
users of the system to run background jobs".