:: Re: [DNG] OpenRC: Was: Re: Dng Dig…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] OpenRC: Was: Re: Dng Digest, Vol 20, Issue 138
On Thu, 26 May 2016 12:50:19 +0200
Svante Signell <svante.signell@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-05-26 at 11:28 +0200, emninger@??? wrote:
>
> Please keep the subject, even if you are reading the mails via the
> Digest service!

In addition, if you respond to a digest subjected email, please change
the subject back to the original, like Svante just did. If that's too
much trouble, just don't reply. My opinion: if somebody isn't willing to
take the time to MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE he has the right subject, he
doesn't deserve a reply.

I think the "convenience" of getting email via digest implies the
*responsibility* of the extra work in fixing the subject and deleting
all extraneous body. That's why I never use a digest: by the time you
do what's right, it's not convenient anymore.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21