:: Re: [DNG] Evince
Top Pagina
Auteur: Haines Brown
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Evince
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 02:03:26PM +0200, emninger@??? wrote:
> I do not find the msg, but someone here suggested to use xpdf, possibly
> with a more esthetic skin.
>
> I for one, would love that, since i find xpdf really very functional
> and with acceptable print options too.

I used xpdf for years because of its simplicity. However, recently (with
Wheezy?), it sometimes cannot print a PDF. Blank pages come out of the
printer. I've had to resort to $ lpr to print.

Printing is about all I need from a PDF viewer. Mupdf is appealing, but
I have yet to find any way to get it to print. I like qpdfview beause it
is simple and prints, but I find that I one can't select text with a
mouse for pasting elsewhere, which is crucial for me. I can select text
in evince, and so installed atril. At this point it seems it is my only
choice if I want to avoid dragging a lot of garbage in (okular).

Haines Brown