:: Re: [DNG] Pulseaudio ...
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Arnt Karlsen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Pulseaudio ...
On Wed, 25 May 2016 11:40:27 -0400, Steve wrote in message
<20160525114027.64eb3cbf@???>:

> On Wed, 25 May 2016 07:56:57 +0200
> <emninger@???> wrote:
>
> > Is pulseaudio necessary? As i understand it (and as i remember), it
> > shouldn't be needed (in lubuntu at least in former times) it was not
> > installed ... (?) But it's a long time i was away from Debian ...
>
> There's no Pulseaudio on my system. So I don't get centralized
> individual volume controls for each of my sound sources. Boo hoo hoo
> hoo hoo.
>
> When I need to use the Microsoft sabotaged Skype, which requires
> Pulseaudio, I run it via apulse instead, and it works just fine. No
> reason to use Pulseaudio itself.
>
> IMHO Alsa is sufficient.
>
> Once I built a Manjaro-OpenRC system with no Pulseaudio AND no Alsa.
> Just OSS. Worked great, played Youtube videos just fine. I've never
> again been able to do that.

..well, we're not exactly out of sound server options: ;o)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_software_for_audio#Technologies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_audio_software#Sound_servers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_server

..why not try https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit