:: Re: [DNG] Install a new kernel
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Antonio Trkdz.tab
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Install a new kernel
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 03:53:50PM +0100, Antonio Trkdz.tab wrote:
> Thank you for the info!
>
> >It's Devuan, obvoiously.
>
> Got it! :)
>
> >I don't know whether you already are aware of it, but the best way to
> compile a vanilla kernel on Debian/Devuas is through using
> kernel-package, which compiles the kernel and produces a
> ready-to-install .deb package.
>
> Yeah, you mentioned that in one of those early posts I was referring to.
> It looks the easiest solution, configuration issues apart....

Well, I would start from an existing kernel configuration, instead
than from scratch. You might want to start with a:

$ make oldconfig

and after that give a:

$ make menuconfig

and configure whatever option you need. I am sure there might be
better, fancier, more modern ways of doing the same thing nowadays,
and there are also X-, QT-, and GTK-based configuration tools, but for
a reason or another I got stuck with what I learned a few years ago,
and it has always worked fine for me.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]