Til: Daniel Reurich, Jaromil, dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Evince

Hi all,

El 25/05/16 a las 10:50, Daniel Reurich <daniel@???> escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for hooking back an earlier part of this thread, but I turned back
> to xpdf a while back as it was the only pdf viewer that I found produces
> consistently good and correct rendering results. It can print too. The
> biggest problem is it is way too ugly. If we could wrap a nicer
> interface around it, then I think it would be a master stroke.
>
> Regards,
>      Daniel.

> On 24 May 2016 5:49:13 AM NZST, Jaromil<jaromil@???> wrote:
>
>      On Mon, 23 May 2016, Steve Litt wrote:

>          But Evince had one thing mupdf doesn't: A print function. A lot
>          of times a PDF that won't print right just by saying lpr -P
>          myprinter mypdf.pdf will print just fine if printed from Evince.

>      yep, that kept me stuck with evince all this time and until now. hence
>      my enthusiasm for Atril. sorry mupdf but... I have no use for a PDF
>      viewer that can't print. Else I'd just use Emacs for that too ;^)
>      ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two years ago i begun working in a PDFeditor using the libraries of the
Haru project:

http://libharu.sourceforge.net/

and the pdftk tools. I added UTF-8 support to the .deb packages of
libhpdf (haru). That project allowed you to insert text and logos... to
draw lines... in a pdf with X number of pages. There were no many
tipographic fonts compatible with UTF-8 in haru, but DejaVuSans was one
of them.

Will still immature, I don't want to share the code. For the time being :)

Cheers,

Aitor.