:: Re: [DNG] Request for Removal of sl…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Florian Zieboll
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Request for Removal of slim package from Devuan
On Tue, 24 May 2016 23:07:33 +0200
Irrwahn <irrwahn@???> wrote:

> In my humble opinion a quality distribution like Devuan
> should not show a potential weakness at such a crucial
> spot by shipping a package in questionable condition.

Hallo Irrwahn,

in an earlier mail you wrote regarding slim:

| Subject: Re: [DNG] How to change default session
| Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 23:14:11 +0200

| (...) plus there were some other more severe problems with it (if
| my memory serves me right

Can you elaborate on this? I remember strange behavior on my PC (random
swallowing of approx. 30-50% of the characters typed on tty1 => login
~impossible on tty1) a few years ago, definitely related to slim. IIRC,
at that time probably somewhat paranoid me didn't troubleshoot (besides
the usual websearch magic) this any further but quietly switched over to
lightdm to avoid going even more crazy ;)

This is not meant to be about retroactively solving a no longer
reproducible bug, just my two trade beads worth of objective experience
with slim, plus some curiosity.

Florian