:: Re: [DNG] How to change default ses…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: emninger
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] How to change default session
Am Tue, 24 May 2016 14:12:07 +0000
schrieb Irrwahn <irrwahn@???>:

> Checked with your above script. Again, works for me: C-M-BS
> kills X server dead instantly.

So does for me now; there was a typo in ~/.xsession.rc :-(

I changed the cmd_login line in slim to be sure it loads correctly all
i want. If i execute the standard login_cmd without cycling thru the
sessions options, no desktop is started at (but i want charge you to
try something with slim - i saw your request ;).

BUT: Just to learn something what would be the difference
between .xinitrc and .xsessionrc?

In the standard login command (for linux)
login_cmd           exec /bin/bash -login /etc/X11/Xsession %session
%session is referred to what? The session chosen (by F1)?

And, do i read correctly /etc/X11/Xsession, that it automatically
integrates ~/.Xresources and ~/.xsessionrc ? So, there will be no need
to merge .Xresources in .xsessionrc ... (?) - differently from .xinitrc
which starts X without using /etc/X11/Xsession.

Thanks a lot in advance for our patience!