:: Re: [DNG] Request for Removal of sl…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Irrwahn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Request for Removal of slim package from Devuan
On Tue, 24 May 2016 16:08:51 +0200, Irrwahn Grausewitz wrote:
> I just filed an issue against the Devuan slim package,
> requesting its removal from future Devuan releases.

Just to prevent possible misunderstandings, some
clarification re my stance on that:

I would never object to Devuan becoming the new upstream
for SLiM! IMO it would be nice to have a lightweight
graphical login manger available, especially for low
end hardware.

However, until somebody steps up and fixes the obvious
errors I propose to let it reside solely in unstable.
*If* it gets eventually fixed, it can go down the
designated path of being allowed to enter testing, and
eventually stable, once testing becomes the new stable.

BTW, fun fact, these are the versions of slim currently
in the Devuan repos:

testing:          1.3.6-5+devuan1
stable, unstable: 1.3.6-5+devuan3

Anybody else notice something odd? }:-P