:: Re: [DNG] Evince
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Evince
On Tue, 24 May 2016, Didier Kryn wrote:

> Le 23/05/2016 23:29, Rainer Weikusat a écrit :
> >Rainer Weikusat <rweikusat@???> writes:
> >
> >[...]
> >
> >>Emacs is a somewhat old-fashioned/ traditional[*] Lisp implemenation
> >[*] It doesn't support lexical scoping.
> >

> No idea what that means. I like emacs for text editing and don't use it
> for anything else.

in brief it means that is impossible to define the scope for a
function or variable. so if a function or variable has the same name
across the running instance, it will clash. one has in fact to use
prefixes or suffixes to distinguish. its quite self-defeating for
Emacs at this stage of development, but we can live with it.

I agree with Robert the multi-lang support is very important and very
well implemented in Emacs. Since many years all my work depends from
Emacs. I've had the chance to offer a dinner to RMS for my gratitude
for Emacs and I'll do that with any other Emacs developer I'll meet in
my life.

Now I wonder if the above will be repeated by someone with
s/Emacs/systemd/ in some future. maybe its all relative and we are
all fanatics in the eyes of Vim users :^)))

ciao