:: Re: [DNG] Evince
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Irrwahn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Evince
On Tue, 24 May 2016 08:44:52 +0200, Jaromil wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2016, Irrwahn wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 May 2016 21:16:51 +0200, Jaromil wrote:

[Proposal of a Wiki page providing recommendations
for Devuan endorsed default software ...]

> A good start could be to draft this for the default
> desktop (XFCE) keeping in mind recommended applications should add as
> less dependencies as possible to it (XFCE has already many...)

Ack.

> also I come to think such a list should be in a plain/text tree format
> like YAML, so that can be programmatically parsed to create a usable
> menu, unlikely the .desktop generated one which is ridicolously
> unhandy (as previously mentioned also here)

Double-Ack.

[About devuan talk page ...]

> yet it is the single best option we have right now for a maintainable
> wiki for the Devuan project. The other option being wikis on gitlab
> (not so handy and taxing for the system they run on) and markdown
> pages edited via Git just like code (my favorite, but has a steep
> adoption curve for those not used to Git).

Maybe it would be feasible to maintain it as a git project,
synchronized with a pretty talk page? On second thought,
that's probably just adding yet another level of complexity.
Just brainstorming now.

Regards
Urban

P.S.: I may be not be /quite/ as old as some of my comments
might make me appear. However, I can still feel the relief
that CRTs with amber phosphor brought, compared to the green
eye cancer. ;o)