:: Re: [DNG] How to change default ses…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Irrwahn
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] How to change default session
On Tue, 24 May 2016 08:26:31 +0200, Emninger wrote:
> Am Tue, 24 May 2016 05:41:47 +0000
> schrieb Irrwahn <irrwahn@???>:
>
>> No need to, since there is no such dependency at all:

[...]
> I see. But why, when i install lightdm, then it always installs
> gnome-accessibility-themes as well?

[...]

There is actually a simple and obvious answer to that
question: When sleep deprived I am a complete moron! :P

Seriously now, I was in fact a bit hasty and didn't do
my homework carefully enough. The song goes like this:

* lightdm *Depends* on lightdm-gtk-greeter
* lightdm-gtk-greeter *Recommends* gnome-themes-standard
* gnome-themes-standard *Recommends* gnome-accessibility-themes

However, that's nothing serious. You should thus be able
to uninstall gnome-accessibility-themes after installing
lightdm without breaking anything.

Protip: If you'd like to avoid such unwanted installs,
there is an easy way to tweak apt, namely by creating
this file:

$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/01norecommends
APT::Install-Recommends "0";
APT::Install-Suggests "0";

Actually, that's usually one of the first things I do on
a fresh De??an system. There is one potential drawback
though: *Some* of the "Recommends" might actually be quite
useful. In those cases you'd have to install them manually.

HTH, Regards
Urban