:: Re: [DNG] Evince
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Assumptes nous: [DNG] editor in scheme
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Evince
On Mon, 23 May 2016, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 10:29:30PM +0100, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
> > Rainer Weikusat <rweikusat@???> writes:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Emacs is a somewhat old-fashioned/ traditional[*] Lisp implemenation
> >
> > [*] It doesn't support lexical scoping.
>
> That's what's old-fashioned about it. And there's some work on
> changing this, but given the sheer amount of existig elisp code that
> relies on no lexical scoping, even if only by accident, it'll
> probably take decades to get there.

I doubt it will. Rainer hits the spot as this is the main single thing
curbing the growth of Emacs on the long term.

Personally and daydreaming, on the longlong term :^) I'd rather
appreciate an effort that ditches elisp alltogether, learning from the
goods and bads of Emacs, and builds something on a more modern LISP
interpreter like Guile2 or even better Clojure. I'm a big fan of the
latter actually, its a pity that most editors written in clj are
proprietary.

ciao