:: Re: [DNG] How to change default ses…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Irrwahn
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] How to change default session
On Mon, 23 May 2016 22:10:47 +0200, Emninger wrote:
> Where it is coded, that lxde (startlxde) is the default session (for
> slim; it's also the topmost one in lightdm, but lightdm has the
> "memory" function)?
>
> I can cycle thru the available sessions by F1 but i would prefer to
> automatically have jwm as default (and not lxde). I found an
> instruction on arch wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SLIM)
> but it's not really clear to me.
>
> When there already a session is default, it should be trivial to
> substitute that by another one (??)

Apparently, with SLiM there isn't. All information I dug
up amounts to some intricate messing with .xinitrc and/or
.xsessionrc. I actually tried (thanks to you I now have a
Jessie VM with lightdm, slim, lxde and jwm installed ;D),
but to no avail - it's a total mess and I'd expect it to
break the moment I turn away.

Taking into account that the SLiM project is abandoned [1],
plus there were some other more severe problems with it (if
my memory serves me right), I am not sure if it's the right
tool to use for a display manager nowadays.

I'd go with lightdm (and I actually do), for it just works
out of the box and is in active development. But that's
just my personal two cents worth.

Sorry I cannot be of much more help here.

[1] Cf. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SLiM

Regards
Irrwahn